Monday, December 31, 2018

Experimental

Today I was longing to write a found poem. After reading four poems by H.D. (Hilda Dolittle), I decided to not only use as the basis for a found poem, but to make it a nonet as well. Here is my experiment.  Got to say, I liked the little internal rhymes that showed up. Thank you, Annmarie, for the title suggestion.

RESOLVED
Only now my heart shell breaks open,
the phoenix dropped a grain of wax.
We are each with a treasure
in the light of both past
and future, gems, gold
things new and old,
dissolved, lost?
Claim it.
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I love this & I am constantly inspired by your focus on peace, Helen. Really the revolution that the world needs now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...