Friday, August 23, 2024

Staying Afloat

The Democratic National Convention saved me this week. I watched every night but Monday, and thoroughly enjoyed the energy, enthusiasm, vibes, music, and message. It helped me stay afloat in a sea of darkness, my health once more at issue, and distance from my husband greater.

This is a photo from The New York Times, and it made me think…this is for all the girls of color I’ve taught through the years. It’s time we embraced diversity and a country that reflects the reality of the people who live here. There will never be true unity without it. 

This is the moment.

Thank you, Dems, for keeping my spirits lifted and alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...