Saturday, October 23, 2021

8. The Heart is a Gateway

 

 #66Challenge

I wrote this on Sunday, October 17 after reading an ancient poem by Sun Bu-er, which I read every day, but on this day I felt like I received messages as I read. By the end of the week, I would have a better understanding of why.

The bold print is Sun's poem. The italicized is mine.

 


 

Cut brambles long enough

I'm getting to the core of things

    looking for the new growth

    cutting away that which 

    does not nourish

Sprout after sprout

Each learner a reader in their own right

How do I assist this growth?

And the lotus will bloom

All good things take time and nurturing

Of its own accord:

Whose day is it for a breakthrough?

Could be me

Already waiting in the clearing

It is happening, it has happened

I must bear witness

The single image of light

Be present. Notice. Celebrate.

The day you see this

That will be the day you become it

Everything is becoming

if the environment is set

Get out of the way

Give room for growth

Be true to the reader you are

Be true to the cause of books

Have faith in your vision

Bring awareness

Bites of learning and

times of building stamina

Keep the light shining

on the power of language

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...