Wednesday, January 31, 2024

River of Tears

 I read these words from Nikita Gill today:

Ghosts of the person you used to be
are so proud of who you are
they live on inside you applauding you
for living on despite your scars


And then I cried a river of tears.

It’s my process.

All the years and all the challenges have brought me to the greatest one yet. It has happened before…I find myself on an entirely different road than I planned on walking and, unlike Robert Frost, there is no choice of direction. It has been chosen for me, and all I can do is draw on every inner resource I’ve ever discovered before, the ways I have found to rise above present circumstances and hold on to what matters: Love. Gentleness . Leaning on others. A light from inside and the one shining above.

And I know when I come out on the other side of this, I will not be the person I used to be.

This song by Jimmy Buffett was already my chosen song for the year. Music can heal and remind us of  what we need to know. There probably hasn’t been a better one than “Bubbles Up.”

Bubbles upThey will point you towards homeNo matter how deep or how far you roamThey will show you the surface, the plot and the purposeSo, when the journey gets longJust know that you are lovedThere is light up aboveAnd the joy is always enoughBubbles up







No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...