Tuesday, July 11, 2017

UNBOUND #3

Yesterday I was reading Julia Cameron's essays on perfectionism and risk, and extracted these thoughts into an UNBOUND acrostic poem.  Not exactly a found poem, as I don't use many of her words directly -- I paraphrased in a way that matches the style of these poems and combines into a always much-needed message.

UNBOUND #3

Unrealistic expectations cause us to

Never move forward on our dreams.

Being the best is never really the point;

Once we know this, the ways comes clear.

Understanding risk is the boon of our creative life,

Not the end product, since there is not end.

Define yourself by action, not the illusion of limits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...