Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Take Care


I don’t usually do this, but today I must. I subscribe to Sherman Alexie on Substack, and on occasion he posts poems, micro-memoirs, and short stories he’s written. The one today really spoke to me. I think it is because I use the phrase “take care” quite a bit. In fact, I bet I said it to Jim every time I left him, along with “I love you.”  

The power of this poem, besides its format which is interesting in its own right, is that it makes you think of some small thing you are grateful for, something that helps you take care of yourself or others. For me today it’s fresh water and ice I have constant access to. It helps me stay hydrated and healthy. I like that I can rely on it.

Enjoy this poem “Take Care.” I hope it makes you think of one small thing you are grateful for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Take Care

I don’t usually do this, but today I must. I subscribe to Sherman Alexie on Substack, and on occasion he posts poems, micro-memoirs, and sho...