Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Lectio Divina #1

 On Sunday I returned to a church I haven’t been to in 20 years.

It felt great to be back.

There are many reasons I knew I needed to find a faith community again. And Iona-Hope Episcopal is the perfect place. It has grown in amazing ways since I was last there.

I have been keeping an eye on them for years. I have been visiting the labyrinth they installed about five years ago. When I knew I needed something to anchor my life, now that my husband and career are gone, I checked out the many activities they have. I will be attending a grief group called Moving On this Thursday. I also want to join their book club.

Yesterday afternoon, I joined the Lectio Divina group. It is a contemplative way to study scripture. Here is the reading we did. We start by considering a word or phrase, and keep reading it three more times for deeper understanding. Writing and art are encouraged.  


After the process, this is what I wrote:

In God, I have all I need

In God, I can be sad, but not shattered

In God, my world is good

In God, I praise all of nature and its cycles, including life and death

In God, I have gratitude for all that came before, all that is here now, and all that will be

In God, I have an anchor at all times

In God, I open my heart to peace and know it

When I  wonder “How exactly do I do this?”

The answer is always 

through the grace and wholeness of who God created me to be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lectio Divina #1

 On Sunday I returned to a church I haven’t been to in 20 years. It felt great to be back. There are many reasons I knew I needed to find a ...