Tuesday, September 10, 2024

The Middle of Ireland


My cousin Doreen and her husband are traveling around Ireland this month. She sent me these photos with this notation:

We are in the middle of Ireland, and visited Birr Castle today.  This is Saint Brendan’s well on the castle grounds.
It dates back to the 6th century.  I made a wish and said a prayer for you and Jim.
There is something very sweet and touching in knowing that in another part of the world, deep in the green earth, lie good wishes and prayers for Jim and I. Somehow, looking at these pictures, I feel like I have been to this place. I don’t know how or why. 

I find it soothing.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...