Saturday, July 20, 2024

That Moment the Perfect Song Comes On

I’m in the kitchen making shrimp and setting up coffee

It’s Friday evening after a tough week

So many dead ends and roadblocks

My husband in the hospital

I’m listening to what Apple Music calls

“Helen’s Station”

A curation of songs based on my listening habits

And Stevie Wonder’s song

“Don’t You Worry ‘Bout a Thing”

Began to play

And I felt small movements in my injured body

And I began to sing along, happily

Honestly one of the best moments of the week

And happiest

Even though I was alone

It is astounding to think Stevie was all of 

23-years-old when he released the Innervisions

Album in August 1973

It is funky, inspiring, political, and spiritual

Every single song its own tiny masterpiece

Apple named it in Top 100 of all time

And rightfully so

I have used songs from it over the years in the classroom

Because when it comes to musical artists

I always want my kids to know Stevie Wonder

This music has been with me for over fifty years

And today one song made a huge impact 

Because it truly was the message I needed to hear

And so damn JOYFUL!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...