Friday, July 19, 2024

Gratitude Friday

It is already 4:00 and today has been go go go. Lots of paperwork and phone calls. I’m getting ready to put on some music and take a nap, then remembered I hadn’t written here.  So here are the things I’m grateful for today:

They confirmed the inflammation in Jim’s colon through an colonoscopy, and are treating it with steroids. And he finally got some real food for lunch…the last meal he had was last Saturday evening.

I got my new car delivered to me. I’m not cleared to drive it yet, but it sure is pretty.

I spoke with a counselor today, and I will be having 8 sessions with her, and 8 sessions with a life coach. This is through my Aetna insurance, and I’m very grateful for Melissa, my Care Manager. She has been making a lot of calls to get me what I need.

I had an entire day at home, which has been really nice.

I received my ballot in the mail and it’s a reminder I live in a democracy with free and fair elections. Super grateful for that!

I feel pretty good today. I seemed to have turned a corner where I have to remind myself it’s time for meds. I’m not getting that achy feeling ahead of time that was the standard. I still have a long way to go.

Tonight’s dinner will be shrimp cocktail and street corn. Yummy!

I’ve been watching episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Netflix and I’m sure enjoying it.

My friends have been there for me this week, either through providing rides, taking me to dinner, checking in on me, and sending cards. I will never be able to repay the kindnesses I’ve received.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...