Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Snail Mail

I cannot believe it’s already 3:20 in the afternoon, and I haven’t had two seconds to write here. And after the day I’ve had, I’m too tired to do much.

Since it was time to check the mail, I did trek out to the box. I don’t have a good habit of checking mail because that is something Jim has done for years. I’m still trying to get myself into a pattern, but most of the time I just don’t think about it. And frankly, there isn’t usually much of interest.

Today was different. I opened the box and, lo and behold, three envelopes were waiting for me! 

I love getting snail mail!

The cards were from a Mary, a high school friend, and Katherine, a teacher friend from school. The watercolor bookmark is from a childhood friend, Liz. It is just another way I’ve witnessed how people reach out and make you feel remembered in their own unique way.

Thanks, friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...