Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Signposts (Where I'm At)

 

On Monday, while standing in line at Target, I thought to myself:

What are my plans for myself this summer?

Usually I have travel plans or some kind of personal fulfillment project. But this year I've only thought of Jim's schedule and what needs to be done around here and getting a grip on some things around here that have been neglected too long.

No goals for exercise or art. Certainly no travel. My writing goal is already in place and has been rolling along quite fine.

I thought, well, I'm set, right? Maybe some yoga? Yes -- for sure--some yoga.

And I also thought of my book reading goals. How many years have I said "This summer I will finally read A Thousand Years of Solitude?" I’m determined once again. Every time I finally read a long neglected classic, it is always rewarding.

I mused on writing about this, so I went to my coloring app library and found this graphic I had started to color weeks ago and then left undone.

It appears it has been sitting there waiting for me, because I realized these signposts are all I need to know.

Happiness -- My husband is here and I have more time with him.

Pleasure -- Music, good food, relaxation, time to take a break from teaching

Health -- I keep up with stretches, but I do need to walk more and go to yoga. And I keep reminding myself not to stress about things I can't control.

Gladness -- I have friends. I have love.

Wellness -- As crazy as things could be, I feel stable and balanced.

Wealthiness -- We are looking to start selling some of our collections.

Wonderful & Beautiful -- I will keep looking at life with wonder, and notice beauty whenever and wherever I can.

Share -- What I do here every day!

And let's not forget the three birds at the top of the signposts -- after all, don't they stand for "Every little thing is gonna be alright"?

The question my mind brought forward in a vulnerable moment was once again the part of me that is trying to find fault with my life, rather than just being one with it. It's challenging me to be happy with where I am. The signposts reminded me to be grateful for what I have. What else do I need?


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...