Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Where You’re At

I had a relaxing Memorial Day weekend. Jim was feeling pretty dragged down from his chemo treatment, but woke up feeling better today. I am grateful for that. There are four days left in this school year, and I plan on making the most of them. I will leave work for a little while today to take Jim for his labs. Still trying to figure out how to make this all work! 

It’s where I’m at.

Meanwhile, I’ve been enjoying listening to a new station on Sirius XM: Chris Stapleton Radio (channel 63). I love all things Chris, and this station is curated in a way that speaks to me. Besides plenty of Chris, I’ve heard Fleetwood Mac, John Prine, Buddy Holly, Nicki Lane, Rodney Crowell, L.L. Cool J, Lindi Ortega, Hall & Oates and more. 

I’ve heard a few artists I’m not familiar with. One of these artists is Allen Stone. Apparently he's been around for a while and is in the soul/funk category. I listened to his Apart album and liked it a lot.

On the radio, Stone caught my attention with song lyrics that I can agree with wholeheartedly. I can’t find a lyric video, but this line alone sums it up pretty good:

The best part of living is loving where you’re at

This is a reminder I always need. Maybe you do, too. Give a listen…




No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I Am Now

 It’s just after 2:30 p.m and I finally got to quiet down, listen to music, and write. On May 28th, I wrote about how important it is to lov...