Monday, April 1, 2024

Ringing

Today’s inspiration comes from chapter 2 of Jean Shinoda Bolen’s book Close to the Bone. The chapter title is “The Ground Gives Way Under Us.” Then I read Nick Flynn’s poem “Marathon,” and I was struck by these words and decided they deserved a spine poem, simply to process what I have been reading and thinking.

…until this cloud is pulled back from the sky, until the ringing is pulled back from the bell…


until the gate opened signaling 
this new reality, I was a
cloud of uncertainty. It
is worth noting I had recurring doubts
pulled from I-don’t-know-where, coming
back to a rhythm of underlying worry
from fear of loss and 
the loss of fearlessness. The
sky is where I’d look and breathe
until I could see with clarity
the constant shifts, and hear the
ringing of the birds voices, and know this
is joy and a reminder to me,
pulled from inner knowing
back to a place of freedom
from loss and fear,
the yet unknown possibilities in reach, the
bell of joy here in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...