Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Had a plan, but…

I had arranged in my mind what I would write about today, but first we had the cancer center and I had to make a run to Publix and make lunch and, oh yeah, gotta make a call to Consumer Cellular because Jim’s phone isn’t hooking up right.

So we make the call and all that I’m thinking is this has to be quick, I have a mountain of grading and interims are tomorrow. 

We were on nearly an hour. The issue isn’t even resolved, and now I have to go to the store and see if someone can fix the problem. Not the way I want to spent my Saturday afternoon this weekend.

Anyway, I became a grump as you can see, but in the midst of it all I looked out the window and 

WOW

The sky.

Pema Chodron says, Beyond all that fuss and bother is a big sky. Right there in the middle of the tempest, we can drop it and relax.

It’s from her book When Things Fall Apart, and it’s one of my favorite quotes of all time.

I can’t say I fully relaxed. But I did feel a certain grace extended my way from that sky, those clouds, and the stunning gentleness of an April day. It’s another example of how nature can reach out and soothe us even in our busiest times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...