Sunday, February 25, 2024

Only Mystery

 Today I ran across the quote by Federico Garcia-Lorca:

“Only mystery allows us to live, only mystery.”

I decided to use it for an acrostic poem. (I do this to find out what I’m really thinking.)

On this Sunday, since you are
Not rushing anywhere,
Listening deeply to the messages because
You know you are living a

Mystery you didn’t bargain for
Yet, what good would it do to have known?
Some days will always be better than others
Trust in the Universal Tone, your soul response.
Energize yourself to positive actions.
Remember in each and every moment
You will never be left without a way. 

Then I went looking for a mystery song, and recalled a favorite album from 1996 by Mickey Hart called Mystery Box.  I went on a search for a song with lyrics that fit and I found this chorus:

Depend on the wind
The distant drums
We’ll know the next step
When it comes

This week as chemotherapy begins, I need to remember…just take the next right step. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...