Sunday, February 11, 2024

I Turned the Page

 The greatest magic you have is the
courage to go digging for,
when your world falls apart,
the light you still hold,
when everything has grown dark
(Nikita Gill, pg. 24, no title)

I read a poem called “Endings” 
which is a fine poem but in no way 
did I want to write about endings 
given what has happened in my life 
these last couple weeks, 
so I turned the page and found six lines that said
it all about the courage to find the light in the dark 
and I’d say most of the time I’m doing that, 
and I know my years of spiritual practice
 has served me well, while at the same time
I know I can get caught in the trap again, but
each time I will find my way out faster.



1 comment:

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...