Monday, February 12, 2024

Wide River to Cross

 Yesterday the song “Wide River to Cross” came into my consciousness when I heard Mavis Staples singing it. The song was written by Buddy and Julie Miller, and has been recorded by many people. 

The lyrics are here:  https://genius.com/Buddy-miller-wide-river-to-cross-lyrics

This Monday it is hard to raise my spirits up. And I don’t even know why. I had many wonderful experiences this weekend, including lunch with a friend, crystal bowl meditation, and a surprise gift from a friend. 

But Jim is still tired all the time and we still don’t know what’s coming. 

I promise myself to stay in the moment as much as possible, and sometimes that means admitting when things are exhausting me, despite my best efforts.

This song speaks to that. I’m sharing the version from one of my favorite bands. It’s all I’ve got for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...