Sunday, November 6, 2022

Delight Song of Six Mile Cypress Slough

 A return to the slough with this mentor poem in mind.  Delight Song of the Tsoai-Talee

 

I am where you enter the boardwalk to magic

I am the Pond Cypress swamp who greets you

 

I am the trees and sky

 
 
 

I am the white fungus that dots the trees like punctuation

 

I am the sunlight setting the alligator flag aglow

 

I am the wide and gentle lake, perfect for morning meditations

 

I am sunlight on the water


I am the tree that took two directions

I am the tree that couldn't hang on


I am the heart, the butterfly, the flower



 

I am deep blues and bright greens

 

I am a bit of autumn red surprise



I am sun-filtered fern, plentiful and free


I am Cypress needles hanging on, and Cypress trees standing straight and tall.



I am Grandfather Cypress who lost my crown in the hurricane.


I am stillness and reflection as far as the eye can see


I am the raccoon, the Limpkin, the Night Heron, the Pileated Woodpecker who refused to be photographed

I am November in the Slough after the mighty winds that blew

I am the Red-Shouldered Hawk calling as if reciting the poem

You see, I am alive, I am alive

I stand in good relation to the earth

I stand in good relation to the gods

I stand in good relation to all that is beautiful...

You see, I am alive, I am alive



Italicized lines from the mentor poem posted at top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...