Monday, April 25, 2022

53. My Heart Knows the Way

 #66Challenge

 

This poem poured out of me first thing today. It is a revisit of several others I've written for this project.

 

Cut brambles long enough 

sprout after sprout


I have gotten my teaching down to the essence of me

And the lotus will bloom
of its own accord

All this time I did not realize the lotus is me, not some outer creation
 
Already waiting in the clearing
the single image of light
 
I knew it was there all along. How did it get so obscured?
 
The day you see this
that day you will become it
 
"You will know what to do and when to do it"




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...