Tuesday, December 21, 2021

28. My Heart is a Spotlight

#66Challenge

 

Today a new angle on the Sun Bu-er poem emerged when I read this line from Robert Bly:

The evening arrives; we look up and it is there.

 

Cut brambles long enough

I kept looking, trying to see

Sprout after sprout

There is this and this and this

And the lotus will bloom

Of it's own accord:

Ask the right questions

Frame it in a new way

Already waiting in the clearing

Pay attention to the obvious

The single image of light

It becomes self-evident

The day you see this,

That day you will become it

The spotlight shines on the image that matters -- 

Saying "Look Here"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...