Thursday, November 4, 2021

15. Spirit Walking

 

#66Challenge

Written 11/3/2021 after reading these lines in Joy Harjo's poem "Spirit Walking in the Tundra"

This is what it feels like...

when you spirit walk

there is a shaking, and then you

are in mystery.



I've been through a kind of shaking
and now I am in mystery.

My spirit walk through this thing
called my teaching life continues
to morph and change.

I am aware that being away can
skew the reality -- well aware.
 
Yet...
some things point the way
toward a peace with the facts.
I mean, what is the point of fighting?
 
I must remain spiritually healthy
to do my work. That was
what I was missing. It was what
led to this breakdown of my
immune system.
 
Yet...
I can rise.
 
I had a revelation. My learners
need to be supervised by adults
and
loved by adults.
One cannot supersede the other. 

There is a huge gap to fill, a place
that fell away back when
they were in elementary.

It's different for each one, so it
leaves us to not even know
how to begin to repair.

What I do know is love and
kindness are never wasted.
 
And all things work together
for good
and it serves me.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...