Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Soundscapes

 Today I decided to try something from Week 3 of The Listening Path.  Julia suggests going somewhere you don't usually go, and listen to the sounds.

I haven't gone to Lakes Park as much as I'd like, and was planning to go there, so decided to just use that as my location. When I was approaching, though, I remembered it was Farm Market Day.  I usually go to the park early on, before a lot of people get there. Well, it turns out there are a gazillion people who go early before the market opens and walk around the lake -- my destination today. I was met with mobs of people, walking and on bikes and with strollers, as they were mostly finishing their walks so they could hit the stands.

 


 

 I took note of the sounds and here is my list:

 

Lots of birds

Lots of people 

A woman talking to her friends about Susan B. Anthony

A lot of Good Morning exchanges

Traffic on Gladiolus

There's a snake on the path

It's a pretty one

Two elder gentlemen admiring the colors on a Green Heron

Carpenters running their drills repairing parts of the bridge

More birds

A child in a stroller calling a moorhen duckie

Mom confirming, Yes, duckie

Vendor hawking their fresh goodies

Food truck generators humming

Hi to my coworker Lisa who I meet on the path

Workers discussing repairs on the water park

Children laughing & pushing each other to be first at the vending machines

Back to my car

The engine roars

Alabama is singing "Southern Star"

Show me the way to go home



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...