Saturday, February 9, 2019

Freedom

I am almost done with Barbara Hamby's poetry collection, and I'll be sorry when its over.  I suppose it is because she is about the same age as I am, and we have many reference points, that she never fails to inspire.  This poured out today.  So much on my mind!


It's about the music, always,
and today I look ahead and
find my way back to all those
things I've learned and all
the things I know can work and
music is involved, of course, it
has to be. Folkies to Hip Hop
eventually, without a doubt,
we can pump up the critical
thinking, we can see history come
alive, we can know its happening
now and quit kidding ourselves.
Those fairy tales were nice & we
can come back to them, but in 
the meantime, it's GO time, and 
we won't pussyfoot around. Earlier
this year I brought out the Town 
Project and now I'm looking at
the Writing Poetry unit and & seeing it
work and all that material
from before, all the things I've
done will connect together  into
a beautiful whole over the next
3 months -- maybe less. Either way,
we have it, we will dig in, we
will learn, we will see how all
things are connected and freedom
is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...