Monday, December 17, 2018

"How shall I begin..."

Today's inspiration is from a wonderful collection called Women in Praise of the Sacred. I am using a healing ritual song from Owl Woman (who lived in American Southwest and had shamanic powers) as my mentor text. The photo is through a screen, so not that great, but I wanted something to represent the general environment I was drawing from in the song/poem.


How shall I begin my song
In the violet morning?

In this day my heart will go out
I will seek peaceful means of expression
In this day, my heart will go out.

The birds are quiet this morning
They have nothing to say
The light has not reached them.

I have walked beaches and woods
As a means to reach the edges inside myself
The trees comfort me, the water soothes.

The light on the horizon is brighter
I will enter this day in presence
and acceptance of all that comes my way.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...