Sunday, December 16, 2018

Aretha sings "O Tannenbaum"

Today I read a poem by Twyla M. Hansen called "Moonrise, Aurora, Nebraska."  These lines stood out:

Look, life is like this, filled
with moments of meaning

and I decided to write an Inner Voice poem, (which also is a monostich, as it turns out) with some additions on the end.


Look, I heard Aretha sing and thought of her
life gone, how the world
is less for the loss of her voice,
like so many who have gone before
this way, we are enchanted and
filled with their presence
with their voices and spirits,
moments in time we treasure,
of memories and connection, bringing
meaning to our daily existence
                         through the grace of music
                         through our calm attention
                         through the lingering silence




No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...