Sunday, October 7, 2018

Night Star

I'm loving this form.

Today it was harder to find a line to use.  The poem today was Twyla M. Hansen's "Outdoors at Night, Winter," and it was full of very specific descriptions that didn't seem to lend themselves to this activity.  However, I finally settled on this line: (A) falling star, perhaps, flaring/out of the corner of the eye."  This one I really worked to get the precision of her character down. The challenge of this is spurring me on. I believe I have made a commitment to write one for each of my students this year. This will keep me very busy! (I may have to limit it to the reading students to make this happen.)  I might even give them their poem at the end. We will see!




Night Star
She sometimes seems to be falling
sometimes she appears as a star
in the darkness around her, perhaps,
Lyndzie is bright and flaring.
She won't be ignored or left out.
She insists on clear answers of
all her questions, the
frustration can mount, the corner
she puts herself in. She is of
incredible detail, insistence, and the
love of animals, perfect in her eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where I Am Now

 It’s just after 2:30 p.m and I finally got to quiet down, listen to music, and write. On May 28th, I wrote about how important it is to lov...