Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Not So Hard to Understand

I thought it was about time to write something about the water situation, and Nick Flynn led the way today with a poem called "water."  His is about waterboarding.  Mine is a bit different.  The section of his poem that inspired:

waters asks a question; water holds on
while it asks a question, it's hard

to understand water's question


Not So Hard to Understand

Here in Southwest Florida
what questions would water ask?

Why are you killing me?
Why are you making me kill others?
Where is the benefit for you?
Who is profiting?
Where have all the fish gone?
Why can't I be healthy?
Why don't you want me to be healthy?
Do you care about your children?
Do you care about your future?
Who will protect me?
And when?


No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...