Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Here's My Brushstroke

My Tuesday poet is Nick Flynn, and today I read his poem "the baffled king composing hallelujah." In it was a quote from Krishna talking to Arjuna in a story from the Bhagavad Gita:

"We'll never untangle the circumstances that brought us to this moment."


 
And I wrote:

I have to take Nick's word
for it that this is a
real quote. He's good
about these things. And
I sit here in July of 2018
and think about our country
and the education system
and I know I am one person
and I know I can have an
affect -- I do not doubt that.
In every moment I am making
a choice in this regard: do I
love or do I run on fear? The
world we've known is gone.
Time to create a new one.

Here is my brushstroke.



hms
7:14 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...