Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Showered and Written

Today when I got up, all I could do was write, write, write in my journal. There was so much information to process from yesterday. 

Jim and I have come to this moment sadly unprepared to deal with it. But there isn’t much I can do about that now.

In my writing, I made a plan for today. It’s just a plan, a thought, an idea, a process. I will speak to others about it. I will listen for helpful input.

After about an hour of writing and sipping coffee, the only thing I wanted to do was shower. I had not even had breakfast yet, so this is totally out of my routine. But I needed to wash off all the gunk from yesterday, all the fears and tears and “what are we going to do”s.

Another part of yesterday was spending a lot of time just staring at the clouds outside of Jim’s room. My friend Annmarie sent me this poem today, and the cloud part really got me. 🥹


Things got too heavy yesterday for sure. But today through the magic of gel pen, paper, and a lovely hot shower, I was able to release some of the weight. Now it’s on to my day: breakfast, counselor appointment, visit to Jim, more conversations. 

I have helpers…real humans and nature. I will not squander what they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...