Thursday, August 29, 2024

Hidden

Today I’m reflecting on this line from the poem yesterday:

Let the Sun teach you that

no matter how long you’ve been hidden

you will always rise again.


HIDDEN. That is how I feel since the accident.

Like I’m hidden from the world.

I’m hiding at home. And in hospital rooms.

I had started to venture out, but now I’m hidden again.

Last night was the first night in weeks and weeks I joyfully made dinner and had an appetite to eat it.

I have been feeling so off. Maybe last night was a first step away from that feeling.

In the quote, it speaks of rising.

I’m not sure about that, but my word this year was EMERGE.

I suppose at some point circumstances will help me emerge into some kind of currently unimagined life.

Lord knows, I never would have imagined this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...