Monday, July 22, 2024

One Minute

This has been a summer of fast change. Even as things happen gradually, they seem to change quickly.

It was one minute after Biden announced he would not seek reelection that my brother Martin texted me: “I guess Kamala will get her chance.”

What followed was a change in the horizon some had been calling for, but many did not know what was the right move. People like me.

But immediately I knew it was right. Immediately I was more enthused, more excited, more sure.

And many others were as well. Kamala brought in over 50 million dollars within hours.

There is now a Nicki Haley Voters PAC to move their votes to Kamala. And it hasn’t even been 24 hours.

I love Joe Biden. There has rarely been someone with so much integrity, grit, and compassion. He truly cares. When it comes to Joe, there is no such thing as lip service.

Joe is 81. I live with someone the same age. Decline can take us by surprise.

To say he did right by his country, ego aside, is an understatement.

Meanwhile, I love the energy this has created. I pray Dems truly unite around their candidate and make this happen. I hope it got some of the millions of people who are tuned out on the campaigns to finally sit up and take notice.

In one minute, the future look brighter and possibilities that were dim took a new shine.

Go, Kamala! Your country needs you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...