Sunday, May 26, 2024

Blackbird

 This came across my Facebook feed this week:

It made me giggle when realized the joke. Not all Paul McCartney songs are great by any means. But there definitely are many that are classics for all time.

One of them was in the Beatles White Album: “Blackbird.” I still remember when I saw Paul and Wings in 1976 and he dismissed the band, sat on a stool, and lunched into this beautiful song.

Over the years, it became rather ubiquitous. It sounded just kind of ordinary. That is until several weeks ago when Beyoncé released her country flavored album. Hearing her harmonize with Reyna Roberts, Tanner Adell, Brittney Spencer, and Tiera Kennedy gave new vision to everything meaningful and graceful and stunning about this song. It deserves a place here on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...