Tuesday, May 21, 2024

700

 I happened to notice that today is the 700th post on this blog. I started this one in April 2017 as a way to get out and notice blue spaces and green spaces and to celebrate the poetry of David Whyte. This blog has grown way beyond this mission, but every once in a while I like to return to my purpose.

Today is chemo day for Jim, so I am not going to work. It is a bit cooler today, so I got myself out for a walk. I had brought my phone for an undetermined purpose, but very quickly I knew I wanted to celebrate the blue and green spaces in my 20-year-old neighborhood.

Facing east on Belleza Way

This pathway used to be one of the only consistently shady spots on my walk, but the trees crashed down in Ian and won’t be replaced.


I had the intention to take a photo of a new basketball hoop a student of mine who lives here had petitioned the board to put in. It’s in the pickleball court, and some guys were playing, so I couldn’t get a picture. However, it helped me remember the gazebo and the pier that are up by the clubhouse, a couple of things I actually had forgotten all about.

Next up, the poinciana tree that was always wildly majestic and bright, but since Ian has struggled to bloom again. It’s making a mighty effort, as evidenced here.


The weather started to feel warmer, and I continued along one of my favorite routes leading back to my home.

The roundabout dividing the 4 sections of Laguna Lakes

One of the 7 lakes

It’s Florida so we have to have these! 

After trading jokes with a jogger (since we saw each other twice she said she would tag me and I’d have to finish her run), I arrived back at my front door. You always know ours because of the quartz rocks we dug out of the mountains in North Carolina. 

My door is a blue space! 

I came in and read a David Whyte poem “The Fire in the Song.” It had the words “vibrant shapes” and I feel that is what I’ve documented here…the vibrant shapes of my community, my blue and green spaces, my Florida home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...