Monday, April 15, 2024

My Own Private Church

There are many places I have felt on holy ground, but on Sunday I discovered one I didn’t expect…

The car wash

I filled up my tank, got my receipt, entered the code, and drove my car in until the machine yelled STOP! At that moment, “My Sweet Lord” by George Harrison came on the radio. The timing could not have been more precise. 

What else could I do but crank the volume up, close my eyes, and let it all “wash over me?” 😝

It was a meditation extraordinaire.

I’ve known this song since I was fifteen; after today, I will never hear it the same again.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...