Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Just Can’t Stop Smiling

 Last night we watched our recording of the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song Tribute to Elton John and Bernie Taupin which was broadcast on Monday evening on PBS. What a great night of memories of all the times I saw Elton perform, hearing from a variety of artists, and being moved by Elton and Bernie’s clear and solid appreciation for American music.

It was near the end that Joni Mitchell performed and honestly, this makes me smile so much I almost feel like a damn fool! It did last night, and it did again when I found it on YouTube. I’m being sure to post it here so I can visit any time I’d like. I’ve always loved the message of this song, and Joni and her squad made it even more poignant to me.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...