Sunday, March 17, 2024

Purple Nature

My mind is full of a lot of things today, based on several readings and thinking time. It’s a bit much and I’m not ready to mold it, so decided to take an easier approach.


I came home thoroughly exhausted from work on Thursday, and was confronted with a box that was like a Chinese puzzle to open. I knew there was a live plant inside, because the box told me so, but I had no idea who would have sent it. Once I broke the code and pulled this luscious orchid out, I discovered it was from my teacher union (TALC), presumably because of our loss of Wayne on March 2.

I have the orchid on a table on our lanai, where I can easily see it from inside. It has quickly become a companion, a messenger of peace that can be found if I choose to look. To honor this, I have written an acrostic poem for my new orchid.

One with the purple nature

Rising sun makes it shimmer

Calling me to meditate and relate

Helping me find my way

In the time I find myself now

Deepening the peace within.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...