Friday, March 22, 2024

Brilliant Blue (a haibun)

 This morning I clearly remembered seeing a Blue Jay in my dream.  It looked like this:


I was so delighted to see it! I did register, however, that it didn’t look like most Jays I know…the typical Blue Jay or even the Florida Scrub Jay. They both have a bit more black and/or white. I knew in my dream the bird looked different. It also was fairly large. The feeling I had seeing this bird was pure joy.

The photo above is Unicolor Jay. It lives in Mexico and other parts of Central America. I have never heard of it, nor did I know it existed. Yet, there it was making its presence known in my dream.

I looked up what having a Blue Jay in a dream means, and was glad to see it was positive. I will end this with a haiku I wrote in honor of this small experience that looms large inside me today.

Feathers brilliant blue

Bringing me perseverance 

Peace and harmony




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...