Friday, January 12, 2024

One Direction

Last night while making dinner, a song came on and I found myself dancing and singing along. It brought back such a happy memory.

It was my last year teaching seniors, and it was one of my AICE Literature classes. They were among the smartest kids I ever taught, and I thought I knew their musical taste—mostly hip hop, with one girl being a Beatles fan. Nicki Minaj was a favorite, I know.

The school news would come on at the end of the period. At the end of one broadcast, a video started. In my memory, I did not know the song or the video, but every other person in the room did. The entire class burst out in song, singing at the top of their lungs. It was so joyful, so fun, and so unexpected, I simply cannot hear the song without the memory attached.

And that’s why every time I hear it, there is only one direction to go…open up my lungs and loudly sing along!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...