Sunday, December 31, 2023

Breaking Inaction

 I have been a lazy writer for too long. 

I’ve also been lazy about getting out of the house and walking in nature. 

I am well aware only I can take action against my inaction.

So I’m starting here. I walked around the lake yesterday at Lakes Park on a cool, blue sky morning. I was there quite early, but came upon plenty of walkers and families in the playground. Even more so was the abundance of birds. Roosting birds, flying birds, feeding birds…even a Coopers Hawk who managed to avoid my camera lens.

Some were easy to photograph, however. Anhingas are most often seen drying their wings. But this dude was just hanging out on a rock by the boardwalk

Near the boat rentals, I found a collection of Brown Pelicans, some hanging around, some gulping up fish.


And then I came upon the granddaddy of all Wood Storks. This guy was a loner, and he was HUGE. 


That was it. I felt part of the community of nature once again, and I broke my over five month silence on this blog. One step at a time, right? That’s what it takes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Melody Inspires

I’m not talking about music melody. I’m talking about my friend Melody. And when I say “friend,” I always get a wry smile. I went to high sc...