Thursday, July 27, 2023

“presiding over all those miracles”

Winding backwards on a morning walk at my local beach, I am thinking of this Billy Collins poem:

 

Dogma

I might be an atheist

were it not

for all the tall angels

and the pudgy cherubs

in the silvery clouds

presiding over all those miracles.

While driving, I saw ice rainbows in the clouds....


Tall angels in the form of osprey....


Pudgy cherubs in sunrise clouds…


Pudgy cherubs in the silvery cloud reflections…

 So many dragonflies...this one posed for me, then flew on...


I find my broken tree, drop my shell in, and speak out loud that God and I will always preside 

over these miracles together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...