Sunday, October 16, 2022

Post-Ian 10.1.22 "Shine"

While we had no electricity, Jim and I spent many evenings on the lanai, eating dinner, listening to music, talking, watching the sun and clouds and the rising of Jupiter and the outing of the stars. It truly was one of the gifts of this time.


A yummy blackened fish sandwich from RT

Inspired by lines from the poem "Yo Yo Ma at the Inauguration" by Lynn Ungar

This is how we do it,

make the real promise of the day

 

Right now
    feeling that
           promise to

Love deeper, to
        stay in the 
            moment.
 
To be kind.
 
Think.
 
Care.
 
Our community breached
in ways unimaginable.
 
October -- shine on us...please.
 
12:15 pm
10.1.22 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...