Sunday, May 15, 2022

57. What We Found Interesting About Misty Copeland

 A found poem from my students responses to our short study of Misty Copeland.


I found it interesting that...

She started when she was 13 in her school gym

It took her only 3 months to get on her toes: it takes most ballerinas 3 years

The way they judged her for how she dressed and how her body looked

Her teacher knew the only thing that would get her out of the motel was dancing 

She used the motel railing where she lived as a ballet barre

She had two teachers that helped her

She wanted to seek independence from her mother so she could dance

She was able to dance again when doctors said she wouldn't

She is the first African-American principal dancer for the American Ballet Company

She doubted herself but still made it to the top--that is inspiring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...