Monday, March 21, 2022

39. Surreal

#66Challenge

The workshop I'm doing with my Read 180 kids had a page on the word "surreal."

It was random, as so many things are. It didn't seem connected to anything else.

I wanted to teach them this word, but not with a fill-in-the-blank worksheet.

I tried videos on "surreal," but without fail every one of them showed a Dali painting with a naked woman.

I checked the exam they would take, and saw "surreal" was not on the test. 

So I skipped it.

At times the way I have to teach, the decisions I have to make, seem surreal.

Other times, it is just a matter of choosing what I want to do most to survive as the teacher I am.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...