Monday, March 21, 2022

40. Meeting

 From one of my teammates, I learned of a meeting where certain personnel reduced another teacher to tears for her contribution that just wasn't in line with what they wanted.

Not that they've been clear on what they wanted, beyond the documents sent to us that we followed to the TEE.

But now we were told we weren't supposed to.

My teammate and I are on the same page, however. We saw the value in what we did, how this helped our young people progress. We are proud of our work, and wouldn't change a thing.

It is so exhausting to keep having people from the outside tell us how to do things, then tell us we did them wrong. They are not in front of our students all day.

Why can't we get the teeniest bit of respect and trust? Why is that so much to ask? Especially when we are teachers who are willing to STAY and do the work?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now I Know

 My heart feels lighter today. Two days ago, I talked to one of the hospice services in our area. I was pretty much told that I needed to br...