Sunday, October 31, 2021

12. Murder in the First Degree

 #66Challenge

 Written October 30, 2021


The things a person will murder in order to name--Barbara Kingsolver

I read this in her poem "Nature of Objects" and thought

The things that will be murdered inside a teacher to collect data.

And yes, I know this has been going on a long time.

And now here I stand, the victim of the latest murder.

Bleeding inside.

So much I cry on a whim.

Because my life was supposed to be about this. Retirement was not even a word I related to.

But when someone looks you in the eye and says just go along, be positive...twisting of the knife with a smile.

Now, instead of knowing I get to enjoy my career for many more years, I'm just trying to get through the marathon of each day, while not letting my health go south.

What once felt sure is now uncertain.

How will I make it to the end?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...