Saturday, September 11, 2021

5. Challenged and Changed

 #66Challenge

 

These are a few poems representing some of what has been happening since September began. These short poems are written by jumping off a line from a poem I just read. The lines and poets are noted at the beginning of each poem

 

 

9.1.21 

danced up to the moon and stars and galaxies (Angle)

I need to remember to dance.

I'm truly NOT having enough fun with my students.

I'm letting tension seep in.

I'm not taking the right steps again.

Today I will wear my feather earrings and remember to keep it light.

Smile. 

Smile.

Smile.

(behind the mask! ;-)

 

9.2.21

break back into the world (Smith)

Yesterday

I had to be reminded 

to do what works.

Wasn't I the one who

wrote a poem about that?

Even had it published:

You know what to do...

Do what works.

You know what that is. 


 
9.4.21

Time and how are the mysterious
elements of any life
I will find my way home to you (Harjo)
 
Finding my way home
Over and over again

Aware it is never as easy
as it appears on the surface.
 
That's okay.
 
I am challenged.
        I am changed. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...