Saturday, April 17, 2021

Tri-Cubes

 I have learned of a poem structure called Tri-Cubes: 3 syllables per line, 3 lines per stanza, 3 stanzas per poem.  Today in our Write Around the Corner meeting, I wrote a couple, so decided to document here.


The first is prompted by this video:


 

the red cliffs

ocean waves

forests green


the ice caps

the valleys 

the mountains


all needed

all secure 

all divine


The second Tri-Cube was after a meditation on settings mentioned in this poem by Lawrence Ferlinghetti: battlefield and church

https://poetriamcr.wordpress.com/2012/03/02/lawrence-ferlinghetti-i-have-not-lain/

 

a victory

or a loss

is certain

 

terror reigns

death appears

songs are sung

 

celebrate!

love yourself

don't forget

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Know

 I haven’t written in a couple of days because my mind is whirring. One day I think I know the direction, the next I see different possibili...