Thursday, December 24, 2020

Harness the Power

 First line from January O'Neil's "Love Song for a Decommissioned Power Plant"

Thoughts inspired by Dolly Parton's song "I Still Believe"



Write this new space into being

a place where the dreams

of many can begin to come true.

Those of us who have believed

for a long time

in a better world.

Write of the possibility and the glow.

Write as if it will help us

all belong.

It is a guiding force:

compassion, empathy, real caring.

Fill the void

of the last few years.

Ignore the ignorance.

Write the possibility

and build the dream.

It is there

within reach.

Now.

The time is now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...