Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Don't Count Them Out


Nobody fully understands
how a teacher never
stops thinking about
how to reach their
students, that we
never know when 
one will pop into
our head and we'll
think, I need to
check on this or
that, or see if
they need help
here or there.
How do I challenge
the ones that 
really don't need
this intensive course?
How do I connect
with the one who
should actually 
be in high school?
How do I create
curriculum that
will reach the
students working
from home,
with a myriad
of distractions and
poor wifi connections?
One by one they
step up to home
plate in my mind
and ask to be
recognized.
Ask that I'm 
gentle when I
send the ball
their way. 
To remember
they're still
learning to swing.
They still want
and need to be
in the game.
Don't count them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around and Around We Go

 It is Thursday, and my first thought is Why is the summer going so fast? My second is How will I ever get everything accomplished I need to...